Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waking Up in the Woods

We are BODY, MIND, and SOUL. Three part being. In the journey of WAKING UP, we are seeking to align each aspect of our being as ONE. It is the hardest thing we will ever do. We are up for the challenge though. That's why we are HERE, in the NOW. And the journey to oneness is full of infinite wonder when we are aware.

Waking up in the Woods

It is snowing outside in January. Snowflakes are falling in perfect union from above. The temperature is cool but not cold. The property where I live is silent. Nature is working its magic.

My dog, Baris (meaning peace in Turkish), scoops up the snow in his mouth. He pushes at it with his paw, begging the snowflakes to play with him. He runs and jumps over a small snow bank and into the woods.

I hear my boots crunching the snow beneath me. My MIND, guiding my BODY, wants to analyze these movements in the snow. My SPIRIT gently nudges me TO BE IN THE MOMENT, to feel the moment. One step after another I walk and then, without warning, I run.

I sprint for the woods across our road. The forest beckons me. I am sprinting, dodging trees, leaping above small pools of water from a nearby stream, and jumping over fallen branches resting in the snow.

I am breathing hard but feeling alive. Baris is now with me. He is sprinting again and sniffing and exploring. He is in the moment.

I find an opening to rest. I look up at the snowflakes that are falling gently to my face as sweet drops of water. I observe the trees towering above me, swaying peacefully in the slightest of breezes.

Silence.

My MIND becomes enthralled by the idea of writing all this down immediately.

"Let's go back to the house."

"Not yet. Breathe. Take it in. The Present Moment." The SOUL again gently encouraging me to be in the here and now.

And then in a moment of pure bliss, I remember that I am ONE with the snowflakes and the trees.

I recall the lines of Neale Donald Walsch's new book: "The Only Thing that Matters." In one part, he uses snowflakes and trees to describe human experience on Earth. We are individuals AND we are one.

Each snowflake is unique and different. Observed together on the ground the snowflakes are called snow. They exist as one.

Trees grow from seeds and evolve over time. Each tree is unique and different and part of the body of all trees. All trees are one.

As snowflakes and trees, we are unique but when taken together, we are ONE. Our connection runs deep.

I was reading these words just yesterday and today I am in the woods with trees and snowflakes.

Coincidence?

No. The magic of awareness.

















No comments:

Post a Comment