Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happiness

What is it that makes you happy?

This simple question is a profound one. Ask yourself this. What would make me happy right now?

If the answer to your question is something like " going to the refrigerator to get mayonnaise for my turkey sandwich," (my brother would probably answer this way), then you have not taken my question seriously. Still, I like your answer. It's the simple things that make us happy.

My question speaks to something deeper however. If you can come up with three things of importance that would bring more value and more happiness to your life, what would they be? Think realistically and listen to yourself. The answer to this question could very well lead you in a new direction toward that thing that you desire and even make your wish real.

Many people do not believe that they can have the things that would make them happy. Thus, they resign themselves to things that may not make them unhappy, but that definitely do not make them happy.

Find out within yourself what makes you happy and go for it. What is there to lose? If you come from a place of knowing, your choice will be a good one for you and will not hurt anyone in the process.

You can create your own reality. The universe is listening. Be happy.

1 comment:

  1. Happiness is around, happiness is simple. I can be in a full subway and hear the music from a street musician and that make me happy, the simple smile communication with somebody that I not know. See grow up my nephews. The revolution of a soul when somebody give a hand for help, make me happy. Respect the mother earth and be inspired from others to contribute the best that we have for this world.Happiness is everiwhere. ps: sorry for my english ;)

    ReplyDelete